Multipurpose Wetting Agent
Cold Fire™ is an environmentally friendly fire extinguishing agent that puts out ANY fire faster, safer, with less water, less damage to property, and less risk to firefighters. Cold Fire cools 21 times faster than water, and works to remove heat and the fuel sources from the fire tetrahedron, preventing reignition. Completely 'green' and non-toxic, Cold Fire puts out any Class A, B, D, or K fire, hydrocarbons or polar solvents, as well as metals, tires, and asphalt. Also suppresses vapors and helps to remediate spills.
- UL Listed Wetting Agent – UL 2N75
- Multiple classifications - foam, wetting agent, surfactant and water enhancer
- Will extinguish class A, B, D, & K fires, flammable metals, and grease fires
- April 5, 2005. Cold Fire surpasses other products on the US Forestry -Qualified Product List in terms of health & safety hazards and use restrictions
- Tested according to NFPA 18 Standards
- EPA – SNAP listed (Significantly New Alternatives Policy) for alternatives to toxic foams currently on market
- Acceptable substitute for toxic foams and Halon 1211 (EPA)
- Classified by the EPA under “Surfactant Blend A”
- Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS) rating of 0,0,0 - same as water
- Cold Fire is NOT a gel
- 100% soluble in water
- Can be applied by helicopters with Bambi buckets, used in pumping stations along firelines, and poured directly in brush truck tanks
- Extinguishes fires (even oil and alcohol-based fires) quickly and on contact; effective on oil well and tanker fires, tire fires, fuel/ethanol fires, grass, brush and forest fires, and metal fires (including magnesium and aluminum)
- Cold Fire is ONE agent that can replace SEVERAL products
After Cold Fire™ is applied to a structure it remains wet for forty-five minutes. There is field experience indicating that once dry there may be extended protection. Gels can dry in a few hours and become ineffective unless rehydrated.
- Cold Fire™ can be used with fresh or salt water
- Unlike gels that form a very slippery film on horizontal platforms, steps, etc., and can be trackedinto a residence, Cold Fire™ is essentially unnoticeable.
- Unlike some products Cold Fire™ will not damage structural paint surfaces or roofing materials, is not an eye or skin irritant, and will not clog valves, eductors or diminish the range of the hose-nozzle spray pattern.
- Cold Fire™ has been tested successfully under the purview of MTDC (Missoula, Montana) for surface and intergranular corrosion of aluminum. This feature is important when using this product for aerial applications.
- Cold Fire™ can provide the necessary adjustment of fire movement and control burn patterns to support controlled burn policies.
- Cold Fire™ will not influence the investigation scene of suspected arson. Unlike other fire fighting materials which may mask the evidence, it has been noted that the olfactory faculties of animals normally used in the investigation are not affected by the use of Cold Fire.
- Cold Fire™ can be used not only for structure protection but as the primary fire-fighting agent. In addition, this single product provides the capability to handle class A, B, D and K fires.
- Cold Fire™ can be stored indefinitely. It has passed the freeze/thaw cycle test without detriment to product performance. Many other products separate or otherwise lose effectiveness and must be stored in protective environments to prevent a freeze situation or excessive heat and/or moisture exposure.
- Because Cold Fire never expires, can put out ANY fire, can be used in low percentages, requires less cleanup, and puts the fire out faster, it is the most economical choice when using fire suppressing agents.